What is Exercise Physiology?
- Exercise Physiology is the use of exercise prescription to help treat chronic illnesses and musculoskeletal pain with the focus of 'exercise as medicine'
- An Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) are tertiary qualified allied health professionals who specialise in exercise prescription, behavior modification, rehabilitation and prevention of both injuries and chronic disease.
- Exercise Physiologists have a sound knowledge of the human body and offer exercise prescription that individually tailored to each client
- Exercise Physiologists are registered with Medicare and can offer private health rebates back from a range of providers
When should you see and Exercise Physiologist?
- If you have sustained an injury or have a history of chronic re-occurring pain
- Both pre and post surgery
- Falls prevention
- If you have been diagnosed with a chronic disease including
-Cancer (during treatment and recovery)
-Traumatic or Acquired Brain Injury